In attendance from L to R: (Front) Nzinga Basir, Etophia Lane, Jamillah Johnson, Qiana Williams, Kenya Murray, L to R: (Back) Rosalind Lee, Asha Tarry, Shakirra Starling, and Cheri Morris.
Our first NYC Brunch meetup of 2013 took place yesterday at Highpoint Bistro & Bar. So many diverse industries and perspectives were represented. Our Business Girl Topic Day "Who Does She Think She Is?" addressed how women represent themselves in business and how open or closed minded we can be when it comes to sharing our resources.
Here are 6 Tips that are important to remember:
1. Keep a Positive Mind - Master the art of positive thinking. You are worthy and deserving of the best life has to offer, but also its challenges.
2. Know Your Value - Don't sell yourself or your time short.
3. Control and Learn from Your Emotions
4. Never Stop Learning - Stay up on current trends in your industry
5. Surround Yourself with Good People - Have a circle of people that encourage and support your ambition.
6. Celebrate Your Success
Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done. Do something you enjoy.
Thank you to everyone that came out!
Asha Tarry, Executive Director
The Collective Advocates for Social Change & Development, Inc
Shakirra Starling, Freelance Hairstylist/Make-up Artist
Owner, Trend Settaz Salon
Latisha Kenya Murray, Concierge, Work/Life Balance Specialist
Like A Celebrity, LLC | www.likeacelebnyc.com
Qiana Williams, Marketing/PR, SEO Writing & Fashion Consultant
Cheri Morris, Owner
Cheri Mona's Attic | www.cherimonasattic.com
Rosalind Lee, Consultant #11552
Traci Lynn Jewelry | www.tracilynnjewelry.net