I was inspired to write this, as I start on the ground floor of a new journey.
If for any reason you think because it's August you should continue to put off the goals you set in January and wait until 2016. YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!
And here's why.
There's no difference between August 17 and January 1. There's no difference from September 21 and January 1. If there is something you want to do. START NOW.
Create your MASTER PLAN. Any BIG goal you want to accomplish can be achieved by taking the first step, and then another, and another. It won't happen overnight. It won't magically appear on your doorstep or in your bank account.
Just think if you start on August 17 where you will be by January 1. That's five months to get shit done. And guess what?
Even if you don't get it done, you can always start at any time. Any step you take is a step towards progress.
So here's a tip sheet to get shit done.
1. Do Research on Your Idea - Google is your friend and so Amazon, you can see what books exists on your topic and buy them used. Thriftbooks.com offers free shipping on orders over $10.
2. Listen to podcasts and webinars - Know that you are not alone. There are people who like to share their ideas and resources. Whenever you see someone hosting a teleconference sign up to their email list and call-in.
3. Don't tell everyone your plans because it's NOT for everyone to hear. You can't discuss a Master Plan with people who've never had one, never made one, or never accomplished anything on the level you want to be on.
3a. Don't ask advice from people you wouldn't trade places with.
3b. Sometimes it's best to just go to sleep and let the answer come to you.
4. Although you're not alone, you will feel alone and that's okay. Keep going!
5. Take it one day at a time and before you know it you will get there.
We started #100BusinessGirls in 2011 and here we are four years later. There's a lot more out here for women entrepreneurs from when we started. So take the next step towards getting your idea off the ground.
P.S. Your Master Plan can be related to anything, not just starting a business or creating a product, but changing your eating habits, getting over a failed relationship or starting a new one, etc. It's all about taking the next step.
- Jamillah Y. Johnson