This past Sunday, June 8th, we hosted our signature Let's Do Brunch! meetup at Red Owl Tavern (433 Chestnut Street).
Our Business Girl Topic of the Day was "Save Me Olivia Pope: When Entrepreneurs Are in Crisis" which addressed the best ways to cope with our personal issues and still effectively run our business. It's important to not let the obstacles and challenges that we must go through in life keep us down. Also consider creating a crisis plan and think of solutions that could help you get through problems that could impact your ability to operate effectively. Here are a few tips:
1. Cultivate an identity apart from your company. Your self-worth cannot be measured in net worth.
2. Take time out to do something you enjoy. Constantly renew yourself and your perspective – by reading, learning new things, etc.
3. Economic crises are the biggest challenge that businesses face. They can cause serious hardships so have a plan in place to respond to these conditions.
4. Set a limit on how much of your own money you’re prepared to invest in your business and don’t let friends and family kick in more than they can afford to lose.
5. Know when to check out. Take time for yourself when necessary. Also take a digital vacation away from checking email and checking into social media to recollect and reflect.
6. Maintain your temple with cardiovascular exercise, a healthy diet, and adequate sleep.
7. Don’t be afraid to ask for help when in need. Be emotionally honest with yourself. If your thoughts are getting you down don’t ignore them. Keep a journal or blog about it. Just don’t bottle them up so much that they become dangerous. Seek out professional help if necessary.
Cathryn Ortiz - Sales Representative, Premier Designs
Toosdhi Perry - Independent Insurance Agent
Christina Barker - Independent Insurance Agent, Saving Grace Insurance,
Janelle Johnson - Healthy Living Blogger, Run With No Regrets
Desiree Stafford - Speaker, Author and Creator of the Queen of Attraction Marketing System and The Abundant Cash Flow Method
Karima Renee - Owner/Stylist, Skinny Minority
www.skinnyminority.com | Tweet & IG @skinnyminority
Arlett Hartie - Blogger, Chasing Joy
A special thank you to our #HelloSummerGoodies Gift Bag sponsors: Crystal Deodorant, Oyin Handmade, Juice Beauty, and Eden Body Works. Please visit the Sponsors page for more information.