Our topic of the day was "Tapping Into Your Magic" and I just wanted to share some helpful tips that were discussed at the table and here they are:
1. Stop worrying about things that don’t matter or that you have no control over the outcome.
2. Connect with what you already have inside of you. Whatever dream you have, know you came fully equipped to make it a reality. If you feel you lack the skills, you have the ability to acquire whatever it is you need.
3. Live an inspired and authentic life by being who you truly are and doing things that make you feel good.
4. Trusting in your dreams will help you let go of self-doubt. For every negative thought, think of two positive ones to shut that down.
5. Don’t Panic – Evaluate your current progress not where you want to be in five years. You don’t want to overwhelm yourself with how much further you need to go.
6. Failure is not the end - Think like a 1 year old – when you couldn’t walk, you fell, got back up, and tried again and again until you mastered it.
7. Focus on what goes right – Things will always not go according plan, but think of all the times things have worked out for you.
8. Don’t listen to other people’s negative opinions concerning your goals, unless that opinion is advice to improve your chances of a successful outcome.
9. Work for your dreams and be persistent.
10. Nothing is new under the sun. Read about those that came before you, and charter your own ship.
Bonus Tip: Just go for it and see what happens. You won’t know the outcome unless you try. Take a big goal and break it into segments and conquer each one, one at a time.
- Jamillah Y. Johnson