L to R: Jasmine Elise, Toosdhi Perry (stripes), Alexis Crowder, Lana Adams, Latiayanna Tabb, Jamillah Johnson, Felicia Harris, Waheedah Alford, and Etophia Lane
On Saturday, September 28th, #100BusinessGirls celebrated our 2 year anniversary at Landmark Americana - University City in Philly. Over sangria and delicious food, we were elated to meet up with a group of dynamic women on the move. Our Business Girl topic of the evening focused on "Winning With Integrity". Here are some tips that were discussed at the event:
1. Honor your commitments and obligations. People want to do business with those they trust. Make sure you are a person of your word. Keep your appointments, show up on time, complete your projects, and most of all communicate with your clients.
2. Make sure your clients communicate with you and hold them accountable for their actions.
3. Don’t let friends, family, or clients jeopardize the reputation of your business. Monitor your Facebook tags and Twitter mentions, sometimes your personal circle doesn’t factor in your branding when sending personal invites or uploading photos. Also be careful about referrals.
4. Don’t be afraid to walk away. As entrepreneurs, a lot of our business is dependent on others and if we’re delivering the goods on time, we need to be paid for services – on time. Have all of your agreements in writing prior to starting any work. Never be afraid to drop clients who are disrespectful, high maintenance, or contract violators, etc. But before you end on bad terms, please refer back to tip #1 and #2.
5. Remain involved in community-related issues that fall in line with your beliefs. You want to be seen as a community contributor and you want to stay involved, so choose something you are really passionate about.
Thanks to everyone in attendance!
Felicia Harris -- Founder & President, Influencing Action Movement
www.influencingaction.org | Tweet @influenceaction
Lana Adams -- Writer/Flimmaker & Co-Founder, Mic Check 1-Two!
speakwhenspokento.wordpress.com | http://miccheck1two.wordpress.com/
Tweet @mic_check_ | @lanadot
Latiayanna Tabb -- Owner, Tabb Management & Co-Founder, Mic Check 1-Two
www.tabbmgt.com | www.facebook.com/tabbMGT
Alexis Crowder -- Tabb Management
Toosdhi Perry -- Independent Medicare Advantage Agent
Waheedah Alford -- Owner, Why PR & Marketing
whyprandmarketing.wordpress.com | Tweet @WhyPR